I hope you’ll agree with me when I say:
Most ladies with curly hair have heard at least one or two persons with straight stands mourn:
“Your hair is so beautiful, I wish I had one too!”
It is meant to be an admiring comment, but having a great curly hair day isn’t simple as it looks. The good news is you are in the perfect place to get the information you need to always have the best of curly hair’s days – the best blow dryer for curly hair.
Hair dryers for curly hair are those highly used handheld electrical gadgets that are used to style and dry your hair. They use an electric fan to blow cold air through a warm coil that heats the blowing air.
When the warm air reaches your wet hair, it helps to evaporate water, thus drying your hair stands. This is just the basic operation of a hair dryer, but it is used with other items such as combs and brushes for the best curly thick hair.
- Best Blow Dryer for Curly Hair and Thick Hair 2018
- 1. Conair 1875 Keeper 2-in-1 Styler – Best Hair Dryer for Curly Hair
- 2. Wazor Professional Hair Dryer – Best Hair Dryer for Curly Hair with Diffuser
- 3. Remington D3190A – Best Hair Dryer for Thick Hair
- 4. Andis Ceramic Ionic Styler – Top Rated Blow Dryer
- 5. Revlon Perfect Heat 1875W – Fast Dry Compact Dryer
- The Best Blow Dryer for Curly Hair Buying Guide
- How To Use Your Hair Dryer
Best Blow Dryer for Curly Hair and Thick Hair 2018
1. Conair 1875 Keeper 2-in-1 Styler – Best Hair Dryer for Curly Hair
Get a professional-looking blow-dried curly hair with the Conair 1875 Watts styling device. This dryer features both ionic and ceramic technologies for faster hair drying outcomes that are not only healthy-looking but also longer lasting with minimal frizz.
The perfect hair dryers are the ones that come with a combination of both the ionic technology and ceramic as well as tourmaline elements which are able to emit far-infrared heat to produce the results you want while protecting your hair. All of these features are in the Conair 1875 blow dryer.
Just like its name suggests, the dryer is powered by 1875.0 watts but with an alternating current (AC) motor that is 15 percent lighter than other dryers in its class – meaning that you will save power and still get the same smooth, strong, curly hair strands that are healthy.
- Advanced ionic technology that improves the hair shine and eliminates the frizz.
- Improved AC motor that saves energy.
- Has a cold shot button that lock in curls, waves, and other hairstyles.
- Advanced ceramic technology that allows for safe hair drying sessions and maintains hair health.
- Often comes with a 3 years warranty.
- The tourmaline ceramic elements emit powerful ions that eliminate static from the hair and reduce hot spots.
- It is possible to customize the style with this dryer.
- Saves power due to its AC motor.
- It might be hard to manage the rocker switches.
- It is louder than other dryers in its class.
This dryer is a perfect choice for ladies with coarse, unmanageable, or thick hair due to its combination setting of high heat and high speed.
2. Wazor Professional Hair Dryer – Best Hair Dryer for Curly Hair with Diffuser
As one of the best blow dryers for curly hair, Wazor Hair Dryer comes with an 1875 watts direct current (DC) motor that helps to dry your hair fast with more efficient. It also features negative ionic elements that help to smooth and repair your hair. The dryer is said to produce 100 times more ions than all other ionic dryers in its class, leading to softer, healthier hair with minimal static.
Wazor also comes with a cool shot button, 3 heating, and 2 speed settings for total flexibility in drying and styling all styles you want. With a removable lint filter and a double safety net, the air flow is concentrated, with more velocity, making the added concentrator nozzle even more efficient.
The curvy and soft red design makes it ideal for leaving in your bathroom while its cut power cord makes it easier for storing in your bathroom vanity or cupboard.
- Professional 1875 watts motor for prolonged life.
- Tourmaline ionic ceramic technology with 100 times more negative ions.
- Far infrared heat that penetrates directly into the hair’s cortex.
- Very affordable dryer
- Faster drying time with minimal frizz
- Very easy to clean
- Suitable for a consumer user, not a professional one
- Heavier than other models in its class
The dryer is great for ladies who like to do their own hair at home. It is also perfect for people who want softer curly hair.
3. Remington D3190A – Best Hair Dryer for Thick Hair
The dryer boasts of an 1875 watts motor. It is able to offer three times more hair protection than other ordinary Remington hair dryers. This is because its grill is installed with micro conditioners. They are released into the air when the dryer is turned on which then get transmitted into your hair. Working together, the tourmaline technology and the ceramic coated grill help to maximize your hair shine while preventing it from damage.
With separate fan and heat speed, you can get the perfect airflow and temperature for the best thick hair and textures. The dryer includes a cool shot that locks in your hair according to the style you want. For the best styling and drying, a diffuser and a narrow concentrator are included. The dryer also boasts of a removable filter that makes it easier to clean – you only need to push the cap and pull it downwards to wipe dust and other elements.
- Comes with micro conditioners
- Uses an 1875 watts motor
- 3 heat settings
- Tourmaline, ceramic, and ionic technologies for healthier hair
- Helps to minimize hair damage
- It is very affordable
- Diffuser is great for wavy and curly hair
- Not too noisy
- Shorter cord
- Not enough power – some dryers even uses 200 watts to give the best result.
The dryer is perfect for women who like to change their curly hair textures every two to three days or as often as they wish.
4. Andis Ceramic Ionic Styler – Top Rated Blow Dryer
This powerful dryer comes in a smooth metallic gold housing. Its’ even heating ceramic technology seals in moisture and preserves natural oils generating smooth, silky, less frizz hair. Andis ionic technology dries your hair faster through breaking up water particles. The dryer also boasts of a cool shot button that locks in different hair styles and has 3 air and heat setting speeds for ultimate control and styling.
Included in Andis dryer are 3 attachments: a fine tooth styling pick, a 100% boar bristle brush, as well as a wide tooth styling pick. You can get a ravishing hairdo and dry your hair in seconds with this dryer.
- Comes with an even-heat ceramic technology that preserves oils while sealing in moisture – creating a smooth, silky, frizz-free curly hair.
- Ionic dries your hair faster through breaking up water particles.
- Comes with a cool shot button for locking in styles.
- Boasts of 3 heat and air settings
- High-velocity airflow
- Easier and quite comfortable to hold
- It is strong and doesn’t over heat
- It is more compact and well streamlined
- Very light in weight and a good air vent system
- The combs easily pop off.
This dryer is ideal for hair that retains a lot of moisture as it is able to break water molecules with ease.
5. Revlon Perfect Heat 1875W – Fast Dry Compact Dryer
Revlon Perfect Heat 1875W has lots of power for an ordinary compact dryer. The dryer is well-equipped with an easy to fold handle to make carrying convenient. It comes with 2 speeds and 2 heats settings, together with a cold shot for locking your hair style. This stylish gadget also comes with a smooth gold barrel with a finish of black lines to give an organic look. Its handle is comfortable and smooth.
The dryer is powerful, effective and quiet. What is attractive about Revlon is its compact make – it is not the smallest blow dryer for curly hair on the market, but it’s very portable and has enough energy for normal hairdo as well as thick hair styles to get a good blow result.
- It is compact
- Easy to fold dryer
- 2 speed and heats settings
- Has a cold shot button for setting your hair
- Great look and finishing
- Dries hair quickly
- Quite affordable
- Easy to use
- Makes the hair smooth and shiny
- Very comfortable to hold
- A little bulky compared to other dryers on it class
This dryer is perfect for women that travel and want an affordable, powerful dryer that folds easily.
The Best Blow Dryer for Curly Hair Buying Guide
Choosing the perfect dryer for your curly hair is an important thing as it depends upon various diverse factors. Let us look at some of the key ones.
1. Type of heating
There are 3 main kinds of heating materials that come with hair dryers: ceramics, metal, or plastic. For curly hair, it is always ideal to use the ceramic heating as plastic and metal ones get heated up at very high temperature and are at risk of getting burnt and destroying your dryer permanently.
The ceramic based blow dryers don’t get burnt even at extremely high temperatures as they dispense the heat evenly on your hair. Plastic and metal heating can also burn your hair.
2. Ionic dryers
Not all dryers come equipped with ionic ability in them. It’s better to buy ionic ones because they release negative ion which traps the water molecules in your hair and eliminate all frizz which occurs due to positive ions being present in your hair (they do not trap water). A mixture of wet and dry hair causes your hair to frizz and lead to a disorganized look. Additionally, there is a static current on your hair which is eradicated by negative ions that abolish the charge thus leaving every hair strand independent of others.
3. Tourmaline with ceramic
Ceramic distributes heat evenly, but this isn’t enough because all hair strands are not of equal thickness. This is why it is critical to have an even distribution of heat on your hair. Since it isn’t possible to handle every hair strands on its own, the best blow dryer for curly hair is built by combining dryer with tourmaline treated parts that make the heat uniform and gentler when it’s applied on your hair. This saves your hair from burning out, forming frizzy thick hair and even damaging its texture.
The power of the motor informs you about how fast your dryer will generate heat and hence the speed at which your hair will dry. This will depend on your need. If you like your hair to take long before it dries, you can use a low wattage dryer. In fact, for personal usage, low wattage dryers are the best, but for commercial use such as parlors and salons, high wattage is preferred because owners want to dry as many customers as possible.
Other factors to consider include multiple speed and heat options as well as the weight of the dryer.
How To Use Your Hair Dryer
What is the right way to blow dry your curly hair? Here are a few points to help you use your dryer the proper way.
- Before you begging to use your dryer, ensure that your hair is about 60 to 65 % dry. This is less damaging to your hair as well as the dryer. Use a towel to dry your hair and then use your dryer to clear out the excess moisture.
- Ensure that you use a comb to lift your hair up to get to the roots and then blow-dry it. This will ensure that you give your hair the much-needed support before hot air begins to run through it.
- Ensure that you begin to blow dry your hair at the right place. Some people use a brush to wrap their hair around and then blast it with heat. This is not the right way. Always put the brush at the base, roll the brush down and then back to the roots in order to concentrate your dryer around the hairline first.
- Always let your hair settle before moving to the next step. For example, after combing it; let it settle before you begin to use your blow dryer.
- Always use the nozzle – this is the attachment that comes with a dryer. It gives you the smooth look.
Hair dryers have been changing since 1925 and will keep on improving as technology advances. This change is driven by the need for better quality and higher performance devices. Due to this, applications of these dryers also increase and became more specialized with different dryers being made for specific types of hair.
People are actually adapting to improvised and higher performance versions of hair dryers which show their increase interest in the best hair dryers.
Hair dryers have also become like wine – some costs as little as $15, some costs as high as $500, and it is often unambiguous whether or not you are truly getting value for your money. Some dryers can frizz and damage your hair (not what you really set to achieve when getting your hair a do.
Also, it is good to remember that curly hair can be thin and thick, but the major difference between it and other types of hair is its texture.
Professionally, hair dryers are meant to help your curly hair look and reflect smartly. They often provide you a speedy and easy solution to set your curly hair with innovative styles suiting different occasions according to the need and saves lots of time. It is important to ensure that you get only the best blow dryer for curly hair to ensure that you give your hair a good hair day.