Do you have fine hair?
If you do, then, welcome to the club of having perpetually flat hair!
Flat hair can be a day-to-day struggle to transform our lifeless locks into an actual hairstyle that has bounce and volume.
The key to adding bounce and volume to our flat hair and not frizz is the hairdryer we use..
- Best Blow Dryer for Fine Thin Hair 2018
- 1. Remington AC2015 T Studio Salon Collection – Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer
- 2. Revlon Perfect Heat 1875W – Best Hair Dryer for Fine Hair
- 3. Wazor Iconic Professional 1875W – Best Ionic Hair Dryer for Fine Hair
- 4. Bed Head BH407 – Best Hair Dryer Fine Thin Hair
- 5. HIRALIY YL – 5500 Motor Lightweight – Ceramic Ionic Blow Dryer
- What to Look for When Buying a Blow Dryer for Fine Hair
- How to Use a Blow Dryer on Fine Hair?
Best Blow Dryer for Fine Thin Hair 2018
There are so many hair dryers in the market; it can be overwhelming in choosing the one designed for fine hair. Not all blow dryers are created equal; some can actually make our flat hair become uncontrollably frizzy.
Have you ever gone to the hair salon and walked out with beautiful flawless locks of hair and then tried to reproduce the same effect the next day at home but only fail? Normally, end up with droopy hair that looks like it needs a wash.
Why can the hairdresser style our hair perfectly every time and we fail constantly when we do it ourselves? It’s in the blow dryer.
1. Remington AC2015 T Studio Salon Collection – Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer
This purple tool comes with lots of promise to fulfill the Remington motto of being a styling professional. The tool features a patented pending tech that is something which is not found in other dryers. The firm takes this tech a step further by incorporating it with an amazing pearl concentrator.
Another great feature of this dryer is its strong motor that ensures fast air flow as well as short drying time. This means that you will be able to style your hair within minutes.
Furthermore, the product is quite durable and provides excellent performance. This is also true of its motor that lasts for decades to give you up to 3 times of running energy. In addition to the ionic technology, the tool features an ionic conditioner that ensures that your hair is shiny – just like salon treatment.
- 1875W AC motor for 40 percent faster drying times
- 2 speed and 3 heat settings
- 3 times long-lasting motor
- Patent-pending ceramic pearl tech for smooth finish
- Ionic conditioning
- Diffuser and concentrator nozzles included
- Long-lasting motor
- Effective product
- Faster drying times
- A bit expensive
2. Revlon Perfect Heat 1875W – Best Hair Dryer for Fine Hair
This unit provides you with softer and shinier hair with fewer frizzes. It features ionic tech that uses –ve ions to eliminate water particles from your head to allow for more moisture and lead to healthier hair and faster drying.
The product also features ceramic tech that provides high, steady heat distribution and is softer on your hair during the styling and drying process, thus better-looking hair.
The other notable feature of this tool is an effective concentrator attachment that you may use for better styling and drying. It also features a volumizing diffuser attachment that aid to add volume from inside out. The dryer also comes with a lint filter that enables you to clean, maintain, and prolong the life of your dryer.
In addition, it features a cold shot button for releasing cool air when setting your style.
- Ion generator switch
- 2 speed and 3 heat settings with a cold shot button
- Tourmaline, ionic tech for silky smooth results
- Concentrator and diffuser attachment included
- Triple baked ceramic disk
- Very affordable product
- Perfect for forming tousled waves and voluminous locks
- Less tiring than other dryers
- Not suitable for straight hair
3. Wazor Iconic Professional 1875W – Best Ionic Hair Dryer for Fine Hair
This mini 1000W body hair blow dryer is an ideal choice for a travel tool as it’s small and compact. It is well designed for traveling, a lightweight product, and fits perfectly in your travel bag – it will guarantee you a great hair day no matter where you are.
The product also features a DC motor that has a lightweight body and produces minimal noise. This makes it a practical but simple blower.
Another great feature of this tool is the cold shot button which releases cool air when styling your hair. This makes your dryer to be versatile for different and unique styles. It also comes with a double safety net that prevents your hair from being sucked into your dryer when operating it.
Furthermore, the dryer features low/high settings button that ensures you get total control of your tool. The product also boasts of removable lint filter that makes it easier to clean your tool.
- 1000W mini hair dryer that makes it compact
- Low/high settings for better control
- Cold shot button for emitting cool air
- Removable lint filter for smooth cleaning
- DC motor that produces less noise
- Has a compact design with beautiful color
- Dries hair very fast
- Gives a smooth hair
- Price could be an issue
4. Bed Head BH407 – Best Hair Dryer Fine Thin Hair
It also comes with a cool shot button that enables you to set your style. The dryer comes with 2 speed and heat settings that enable you to control the temperature according to your hair textures.
This ionic incorporated dryer releases –ve ions that neutralize your hair +ve charge to make it shinier and sleeker. With frequent use, this dryer will decrease your hair frizz and make it healthier as it seals in moisture. It also produces a sleek appearance, produces great straight, and is a must-have if you love the great hair.
Just like other dryers in its category, this tool also boasts of a cold shot button that releases cool air to your hair.
- 1875W dryer that fights frizz and provides great shine
- Cold shut button
- Touchable texture and great design
- Concentrator attachment included
- Removable end cap for better cleaning
- Lightweight product
- Focus air for easy, mess-free cleaning
- Quite affordable tool
- Cold shot button doesn’t have on/off feature
5. HIRALIY YL – 5500 Motor Lightweight – Ceramic Ionic Blow Dryer
HIRALIY is a 2000W hair tool that boasts of a built-in steady temperature system that provides a favorable temperature for your hair to protect it from damage and provide you with your preferred hairstyle. The product adopted a Germany DC motor which has a lightweight body and produces minimal noise.
In addition, the product features a cold shot button that emits cool air to trap the moisture in your hair and may be used to reduce frizz and add shine to your hair.
The tool also produces negative (-ve) ionic energy that neutralizes the positive (+ve) charge to hydrate and protect your hair for smooth and more shine (this is quite helpful for damaged hair).
The other great feature of this product is that it is made of ceramic plates which distribute heat steadily across your hair without leaving any hot spot that might damage your hair.
Finally, the tool boasts of an ergonomic design which makes it easy to handle.
- Cold shot button, 3 heat, and 2-speed settings
- 2000W DC motor that produces low noise
- Negative ionic dryer that prevents your hair from being damaged
- Ionic ceramic function that makes your hair to look smoother
- Has a lot of great features
- It is lightweight
- Great looking tool
- A bit smaller than other dryers
What to Look for When Buying a Blow Dryer for Fine Hair
Buying a good quality hair dryer can be tricky business because it can either ruin our hair, making it into an unruly mess or it can add bounce and volume without the frizz.
If you have curly hair a diffuser attachment will be necessary. Otherwise a simple nozzle or concentrator is all you will need to style your fine hair. A nozzle will apply heat only where it is needed and allow you to control the direction of the dryer.
Here are some hints to take into consideration when buying your next blow dryer.
- Power: The less time you are shooting hot air at your hair the better, as it can dry your hair out causes it to be frizzy. The more power the better, as it can dry your hair faster. Look for a hairdryer that has 1800W or more for fine hair. Some professional hair dryers have 3600W which cuts drying time in half, which means less damage.
- Ceramic, Iconic, IONS and Tourmaline: These four things are your hairs best friends. This type of technology helps to control the heat so it is distributed evenly. The best blow dryer for fine hair is built by combining dryer with tourmaline which is a mineral that helps to seal your hair cuticle, helping it retain more moisture, in other words it prevent frizz.
- Cool shot button: This little magic button really does work. It helps to set the hairstyle, basically freezing it in place. It can also be used to add more bounce and volume to your set hairstyle.
- Attachments: So many good blow dryers don’t come with attachments and finding an attachment to fit your blow dryer can become the never-ending story. You will need a diffuser and a concentrator attachment, often called a nozzle. The nozzle will become your best friend with drying your fine hair as it can add volume where there is none.
- Heat and power controls: You need to have a hair dryer that has two heating options. Normally, the hottest setting is used to dry most of the moisture out of your hair. The second, the lower setting is used to style your hair. There is no need to blow dry your hair out using one setting, if you do that it is a guarantee to have the world’s frizziest hair.
- Size: If you are always on the go and traveling often, it might be wise to choose a smaller model. There are some fantastic smaller compact models on the market. Also, it won’t take up too much space in your suitcase.
- Weight: Some blow dryers can be quite heavy and can put strain on your arm and your wrist. Especially if you suffer from carpel tunnel syndrome, a heavier model might almost be impossible to hold up.
A good blow dryer doesn’t need to break the bank; you just need to know what to look for when buying a hair dryer. So go get a hairdryer that will have you looking like you just stepped out a salon everyday.
When drying your hair, go easy on the styling products, as they can get heavy and begin to weigh down your hair. Once your hair is dry, run your hands through it to make sure there are no wet spots, as that can make your whole head of hair turn frizzy.
How to Use a Blow Dryer on Fine Hair?
When blow-drying our hair, the main objective is to have thicker, fuller hair with more volume that will last. Basically, we need to make an optical illusion that is frozen in place. Let us see how we can do this.
Step 1: Take the nozzle off your hair dryer. Rub a small amount of volumizing mousse between you hands and work it evenly through your towel-dried hair. Fine hair needs to be roughed up, so rough it up.
Step 2: Using your blow dryer on the hottest heat and highest speed, pre-dry your hair until it feels only slightly damp. You will need to blast your hair away until it is almost 80% dry. Don’t use the nozzle on this part of hair dryer, as we are trying to add volume and not to thicken the hair.
Step 3: You can add other hair products here if you like. Always apply the product towards the back of your head where there is more hair, so it will not weigh down the hair near to your face.
Step 4: Put the nozzle back on your hair dryer. And now you are ready to finish up your look. Using a round brush the hair up in small pieces until dry. You can basically style it any way you desire by using your nozzle, just use place smalls strands of hair on your brush and apply heat, focusing on the roots.
Step 5: Backcombing pieces of your hair will provide that much needed lift. Teasing the roots with a teasing comb, hit the roots with a touch of hairspray, and gently tease your hair.
Step 6: If you want to add more shine and polish to your ends, get out your flat iron and finish up the final touches of your hairstyle.
Step 7: Now it is time to freeze your hairstyle in place by using the hairspray of choice. A good hairspray will keep your hair in place all day without adding unwanted weight that might weigh it down.
Not all blow dryers are created equal, as we learned in this article. When choosing a best blow dryer for fine hair make sure it has enough power to quickly dry your hair, as this will avoid your hair from drying out and becoming frizzing. Also, the wrong hair dryer can cause serious damage to your hair, making it causing it to become brittle and dry.
Hair dryers are part of our everyday routine, so investing in a high quality dryer will pat for itself in the long run. No matter what type of hair we have, it will require some sort of styling and the best way to quickly and efficiently style your hair is with a hairdryer.
Take your time when choosing your next hair dryer, as not all hair dryers will be your hair’s best friend.