I hope you’ll agree with me when I say:
“Your hair is extremely important as far as your appearance is concerned.”
The way you do or style your hair is a loud statement of who you are. That is the reason why doing your hair is a vital decision you should make every morning.
You may decide to wear various styles of hair.
However, for the majority of ladies who have short hair, having great looking curls is the number one preferred style. Short hair with amazing curls is chic, sexy, and sassy but if you are like some ladies who have this type of hair, you may feel that your hair might be quite short to curl.
But this isn’t true because it’s very easy to curl short hair.
Learning how to curl your short hair isn’t a hard task if you have the perfect type of curling iron. Beautiful-looking curls will definitely add volume to your short hair and even give it the desired break from dullness.
- Best Curling Iron for Short Hair Reviews 2017
- 1. BlueTop Unisex 9mm – Best Curling Iron for Short Thin Hair
- 2. Kadori Professional – Best Ceramic Curling Iron for Short Hair
- 3. Lee Stafford Chopstick Styler – Good Curling Iron for Short Hair
- 4. Kiss Product Instawave – Automatic Hair Curler
- 5. Rejawece Hair Curler – Best Curling Iron for Short Fine Hair
- How to Choose the Best Curling Iron for Short Hair
- Using Curling Iron the Right Way
- Final Thought
Remember that learning how to use this iron on your short hair requires the right hairstyling products and finding the curling iron that is suitable for your short hair and the curls you want.
Best Curling Iron for Short Hair Reviews 2017
1. BlueTop Unisex 9mm – Best Curling Iron for Short Thin Hair
Just like the name suggests, BlueTop Unisex 9mm Curler Iron Wand is suitable for both men and women. Its lightweight and slim features make it easy to use while its ceramic finish (infused with genuine silk proteins) makes it produce long-lasting and healthy curls.
The iron boasts of an ultra small ceramic barrel that is perfect for all types of hairs, resulting in a fine and stunning hairstyle.
The curling iron also features an adjustable temperature setting that ranges from 80-degree to 230-degree – you can adjust the temperature setting according to your needs. It also features an auto shut off that shuts the tool after 60 minutes, in case you accidently leave it plugged in a power socket.
BlueTop also features a 360-degree rotatable swivel cord with a 2.7m power cord to reach different areas of your house.
This product is recommended for all types of hair and all length of hair. However, it is most suitable for thin or short fine hair.
- 360 swivel cord for reaching different parts of your house.
- Auto shutoff that turns the iron off after being idle for 60 minutes.
- Adjustable temperature settings ranging from 80-230 degrees.
- Ceramic coating infused with a silk protein for long-lasting and healthier curls.
- Works well.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Comes in only purple color.
2. Kadori Professional – Best Ceramic Curling Iron for Short Hair
This professional curling tool from Kadori is just the perfect size for producing great curls. It features 5 adjustable temperature settings ranging from 330-450 degrees. It also features universal voltage so you may use it around the world making it ideal for travel.
The iron comes with complete iron as well as user instruction manual for you, packaged well inside an amazing box for storage and gifting.
The iron boasts of a large 1½-inch extra long barrel which is ideal for short, medium, and long hair. It produces great curls that last for long. Kadori professional is easy to use due to its on/off switch together with its temperature dial located on the left side.
The product feature multi-zone heat tech for better-looking curls that remain locked in all day and every wand has patented multi-zone effective ceramic-ion tech that guarantees the perfect curling temperature of your choice.
This curling iron is also suitable for all types of hair and is a great product for people looking for gifts.
- 5 temperature settings (330-450-degree) and on/off switch avoids accidents during operation.
- 360-degree swivel cord designed for comfort.
- Dual/universal voltage (110-240 V) allowing use all over the world.
- Heats up fast.
- Curls in seconds.
- Has a switch on/off, not a button on/off
3. Lee Stafford Chopstick Styler – Good Curling Iron for Short Hair
Although the mermaid waves are still amazing, many women love the look they get from Lee Stafford Chopstick Styler. Its’ thin, rectangular barrel forms tight, corkscrew curls that every person will fall in love with.
But you might also wrap more hair around the iron to form loose looking curls.
The product features a quick heat up time with a single temperature of 200-degree, but the barrel is coated with ceramic material so don’t worry about excess heat damage.
The product also comes with a heat protection that protects your hand from heat and an on/off switch with LED signal. It also features a great swivel cord that adds comfort when you are using it.
The product also comes with the 110V power adapter that is suitable for plugging straight into a socket.
This curling iron is recommended for straight, thin, fine hair as it doesn’t frizz out hair.
- An extra skinny rectangular barrel that is suitable for producing tight curls.
- A maximum temperature of 200-degree for better results.
- Ceramic coating to keep your curls looking super silky, smooth, and healthy.
- Durable swivel cord.
- On/off switch with LED indicator.
- Durable product.
- Produces great curls
- Easy to use.
- Short cord
4. Kiss Product Instawave – Automatic Hair Curler
This is a fully auto hair curler that immediately forms beautiful, durable curls with ease. It styles your hair to perfection with just a simple touch of a button to provide natural-looking or bouncy curls, tousled waves without visiting a salon.
This product is an innovative hair care product that can be used by all women to get salon quality waves and curls.
Kiss Instawave features a curling wand that grabs your hair’s strands and holds them in place when setting your curls. It uses the latest ceramic ionic tech to aid protect your curls while providing you shiny hair and tight curls.
The iron comes in 2 heat setting, for low and high, with the highest temperature reaching 420-degree. It also boasts of a 90-minute automatic shut-off safety feature that makes sure it goes off when accidently left on.
The product is suitable for both kids and grown up women. However, you shouldn’t let your kid style her hair without your supervision.
- 420 degrees max temperature to lock-in your curls.
- Auto shutoff after 1½ hours.
- Diamond-ceramic iconic tech fosters shiny and healthy curls.
- Power control switch with low/high temperature settings.
- Easy to use
- Good value for money
- Effective product
- Snags hair
5. Rejawece Hair Curler – Best Curling Iron for Short Fine Hair
Rejawece Hair Curler is an easy to use iron. It features an auto steam sprayers that spray steam into your hair so that the wand may curl your hair professionally to produce tangle free and long-lasting curls.
It also features universal hair compatibility and thus great for curling any type of hair – it allows you to set the direction you desire your curls to follow.
The product also features high-effective tourmaline ceramic technology in the heat chamber that protects your hair from damage and lowers the risk of frizzes or flyways.
The curling tool boasts of 3 heat settings which produce high heat of up to 450 degrees after only 30 seconds. It also features built-in timers, LCD, and auto shutoff to increase the safety of your tool.
It shut-off after 60 minutes of being idle. You have the freedom to choose 8, 10, and 12 seconds for the timer.
This product is recommended for short and long hair – it produces any type of style your want.
- 2.5M swivel cord for comfort.
- Built in timers, LCD, and auto off for additional safety.
- Highly effective tourmaline ceramic technology.
- Durable product
- Highly effective
- A bit expensive
How to Choose the Best Curling Iron for Short Hair
Key factors to consider when buying a curling iron for short hair include the following:
1. Barrel Width or Diameter
Large barrels aren’t right for curling short hair because as the diameter increases it becomes harder to wrap your short hair around the diameter of the iron.
Hence, a thinner diameter barrel will be the ideal one for styling your short hair. Different diameter curling irons are sold out there, but you should pick the ideal one which matches your hair length, hair type, the hairstyle you want, and your hair health.
Let’s get an idea of how the diameter plays a critical role in styling your hair.
- First, a curling iron with a barrel diameter of 3/8” is an ideal size for kinky curls in short or medium hair.
- Second, if you wish to get tight curls for short or medium hair, you need to pick an iron with 0.5” barrel diameter – 5/8” is also great.
- Third, for classic curls in short or medium hair, you need to buy an iron with 3/4” barrel diameter.
- Finally, a curling iron with 1” barrel diameter will produce loose curls in short or medium hair.
2. The Barrel Shape
The shape of the iron’s barrel is a key factor to consider when choosing your curling iron. 3 probable barrel shapes produce 3 different alternatives for styling your curls.
So what are these options?
- A cylindrical-shaped barrel is great for producing spiral curls. It is also recommended for mingling either tight or loose curl at a time.
- A conical-shaped barrel is suitable for producing wider curls near the scalp which are tighter towards the end.
- A reverse conical-shaped barrel produces the opposite results of a conical-shaped barrel.
3. The Material
Titanium, tourmaline, and ceramic are often used in curling irons. These materials produce large amounts of -ve ions thus considered good conductors of heat. Always avoid curling irons that have harsh and chrome metals.
4. Adjustable Temperature Control
A curling iron with less than 5 different heat settings isn’t worth your money because it limits your options. Different heat levels are vital as continuous exposure to heat like 400-degree, or even higher may affect the health of your hair.
5. The Heat
You should also consider the heating specification that the curling iron has. Does the iron have an instant or recovery heat-up feature? Buy a product that heats up fast as it reduces the probability of damaging your hair.
Using Curling Iron the Right Way
Below is a step by step guide on how to use your curling iron for short hair the right way.
When searching for the best curling iron for short hair, it might be difficult to get the iron that is ideal for you. Short hair might be delicate and soft. It might get damaged easily due to breakages from heat styling, so it requires a product which is custom temperature setting. The majority of short hair irons have low, medium, as well as high-temperature settings, although there are irons with list degrees or temperature settings so that you are able to know how hot your iron will be.
The choice of the iron you buy isn’t simply an issue of choosing a smaller barrel for your hair, but choosing the best iron involves considering various factors such as the texture of your hair, the kind of style you wish to attain, and the health of your hair. In most cases, the looks you want to realize require you to have a tool that is customized to your needs.
Obviously, it’s not easy to know which curling tool will fulfill all your needs or have all the features you want without testing it. Therefore, consider testing different iron for short hair before buying one.