I think you’ll agree with me when i say:
“Every woman’s dream is to have long hair.”
However, styling and maintaining long hair are more difficult that styling short one. Curling this hair is thus one of the best remedies to those ladies who feel bored with their ordinary hair style.
As a lady, you should always remember that your long hair is a gift that requires the best care.
This is only achievable if you have the best curling iron for long hair.
Choosing the perfect iron for your hair will depend on how curly you desire your hair to be. The rule of the thumb is the taller the hair, the bigger the curling iron.
Bigger curling irons will form more curl than smaller ones since your hair is able to wrap around a bigger iron more times.
Therefore, you should choose a device that is suitable for your hair length. These irons also come in different sizes as well as with features to accommodate the kind of curls you may want.
- Best Curling Iron for Long Hair Reviews 2018
- 1. Remington CI96X1B – Best Ceramic Curling Iron for Fine Hair
- 2. Xtava Auto Styler – Best Curling Iron for Long Thick Hair
- 3. Hot Tools Professional 1110 – Best Curling Iron for Curly Hair
- 4. Bio Ionic Long Barrel Styler – Best Curler for Long Hair
- 5. Infiniti Pro Conair – Best Curling Wand for Long Hair
- How to Choose the Best Curling Iron for Long Hair
- How to Use Curling Iron for Long Hair Correctly
- In Conclusion
Best Curling Iron for Long Hair Reviews 2018
1. Remington CI96X1B – Best Ceramic Curling Iron for Fine Hair
Get stunning, voluminous, professional-like curls with the Remington Ci96X1B Styling Wand. It is one of the most advanced ceramic irons featuring a layer of real Silk elements and offers more ceramic elements than customary curling devices, giving you a healthy, long-lasting, effortless curl with less damage and frizz.
Silk elements combined with the 420-degree high heat settings, as well as a professional performance resulting in smooth, fast, and beautiful salon-like curls.
Remington CI96X1B creates loose waves or tight bouncy curls with its 1-inch to 1½” barrel. In addition, the iron features a 60-minute auto shutoff and comes with a heat-resistant glove that enables easy and safe operation.
The product also features professional grade latest ceramic plates that are merged with silk protecting for the best glide giving you shiny and sleek hair.
This curling iron for long hair is suitable for women who want to be adventurous as they make their curls as it is a versatile product.
- Silk ceramic technology for the best glide and healthy, long-lasting curls.
- 420-degree high heat for professional-like curls.
- Wide conical barrels that range from 1 to 1½-inch to create bouncy curls.
- Swivel cord that allows free-ranging movement.
- A 30-second heat that ensures the device heats instantly.
- Auto shut-off
- Easy to use.
- Heats up easily.
- Comes with a protective glove.
- Hard to get used to, especially for beginners.
2. Xtava Auto Styler – Best Curling Iron for Long Thick Hair
The Xtava Auto Styler provides amazing curls thanks to its design. It features an amazing automated bi-directional rotating technology, a clear LCD display, and a built-in hair clip that enables you to curl your long hair with a touch of a button.
Simply clip your hair into the clip, and let your iron do the rest for sultry and speedy results. The iron also features ceramic tourmaline barrel that produces constant or steady heat to form long-lasting, sleek curls.
Xtava’s 11 temperature settings (ranging from 210 to 430F) allows for precise heat keep an eye on as well as compatibility with all hair styles. For long thick and wavy hair, use high temperature. Fine hair will require a low temperature to enjoy the best results.
The iron also comes with a 9-foot, 360-degree swivel cord that solves the problems of tangling and far away sockets.
This product is recommended for women with all types of hair – thick or thin.
- Auto shut-off for convenience and peace of mind.
- Universal dual voltage ensures that you carry your iron in any nation.
- Ceramic tourmaline barrel for smooth curls.
- LCD display with eleven temperature setting to select from.
- Auto-rotating function for easier supervision.
- 9-foot, 360-degree swivel cord for easier reach in all areas.
- The iron works great.
- It is easy to use.
- Creates stunning curls
- Break down easily.
3. Hot Tools Professional 1110 – Best Curling Iron for Curly Hair
Hot Tools Professional 1110 with multi-heat control achieves temperatures of up to 428-degrees. It features the latest Pulse Technology for easy and fast heat-up – maintains steady, constant heat, from low to high temperatures, while you are curling your hair.
You don’t need lots of heat to curl coarse or thick hair, but the heat must be steady for the best results. This iron has 10 different heat settings. This feature makes this iron usable to all ladies irrespective of their hair types.
Hot Tool Professional has 24 karats gold plated barrel which is among the best materials used to make the best curling iron for long hair. Gold is a good conductor of heat and thus eases up your curling session while making the iron look more attractive.
This product gets very hot, hence might be dangerous. But don’t worry because the manufacturers added a soft-grip textured handle to ensure that you don’t burn your hand when curling your hair.
This iron is suitable for all types of hair.
- Locking/rotating main handle.
- Foldaway safety stand.
- Built-in rheostat to control up to 430 degrees.
- Features 24 karats gold plated barrel.
- 8-foot professional cord.
- On/off switch.
- Solid-state circuitry
- Easy to use.
- Good value for money.
- Might damage your hair.
4. Bio Ionic Long Barrel Styler – Best Curler for Long Hair
The Bio Ionic Long Barrel Styler is a family of the Elite Pro Styling collection. It features Nanonionic elements incorporated into the elite collection to produce negative ions that neutralized the positive ions from your hair.
These ions also break down water from your hair to form molecules that penetrate deeper into the roots to form a smooth and silky feel.
Its long barrel ensures that it is best suited for curling long hair – you only need to wrap your curls around the barrels and it will do the rest for you. The barrel is 2 inches long.
The iron also boasts of multi-level heat control system that ensures your hair is well hydrated and provided with the best shine and conditioning. You know how hard it is to maintain long hair!
This iron is recommended for ladies with long hair as its barrel is best suited to style this type of hair.
- Digital temperature control that is handy.
- Auto shut-off for additional peace of mind.
- 9-foot swivel cord for easier reach.
- Easy grip handle.
- Easy to use.
- Produce long-lasting curls.
- Comfortable in the hand due to its well-designed handle.
- One comes with a single barrel size.
5. Infiniti Pro Conair – Best Curling Wand for Long Hair
Infiniti Pro Tourmaline Ceramic Iron has a Nano tourmaline ceramic technology that produces more negative ions than other curling irons could produce. These ions work to give your hair a shine that people will love. It also ensures that you are in control of your hair for the next 24 hours, even in high humidity.
In other words, the product eliminates hot spots and reduces static leading to a healthy and frizz-free hair. The iron is so effective it heats up within thirty seconds.
The product also features 5 heat settings that ensure you get the salon-like curling. These setting make this iron suitable for use for different types of hair.
The device also boasts of LED heat settings for monitoring temperature. It also has an auto shut-off feature that shuts down the iron when it is not in use.
Just like the other irons we have looked at, this iron is best suited for all types of hair.
- Extra long barrel for easier styling.
- Nano tourmaline ceramic technology that reduces frizz, protects your hair from damage, and eliminates static.
- Instant style with no clamp.
- 400-degree high heat setting for immediate results.
- Five temperature settings for all kinds of hair.
- 30 seconds heat up.
- Produce great curls.
- Heats up faster.
- Its tip is tiny – hard to hold.
How to Choose the Best Curling Iron for Long Hair
There are a few critical things that you should know before you choose the perfect curling iron.
They include the following:
1. Barrel Width
Curling your long hair with a large barrel is more effective than curling with a shorter one. This is true because curling your hair with a shorter barrel requires lots of time which you might not have, especially when going to work.
Therefore, barrel width ranging from 1.5 to 2 inches is considered perfect for curling long hair.
Every size will provide you with a different type of curl in your hair. For example, if you use 1¼”barrel size, you will get loosely done curls in your hair.
If you use 1½” barrel size, you will enjoy voluminous curls. For relaxed curls, 2-inch barrel size should be used. It is clear that you need to buy an iron with the perfect barrel width to enjoy your preferred curls.
2. Barrel Shape
Barrel shape is another key factor that will enable you to curl your long hair perfectly. Possible shapes can be conical-shaped, reverse conical-shaped, and cylindrical-shaped. Each of these shapes will provide different curls in your hair.
For example, conical-shaped will produce loose curls near your scalp and get tighter as you move down, reverse conical-shaped barrel will produce tight curls near the scalp and get looser as you move toward the end, while cylindrical-shaped will produce spiral curls.
3. The Material
Generally, curling irons are produced from different materials. They include ceramic, brush style, and metal. Each of these has its function in respect to a specific hair type. So when looking for a curling iron, the material from which it’s crafted from is very critical.
The ceramic irons are the most preferred ones because they are perfect for ladies with damaged hair. Additionally, they are said to provide your hair with moisture, compared with other materials that dry it.
The metal irons use steam and are perfect for ladies with thin hair. The brush style products are believed to be user-friendly and are also perfect for ladies with thin hair.
4. Temperature Control
Frequent exposure to high temperature or heat will make your hair to suffer in the future. Don’t use high-temperature devices as they might damage your long hair. Therefore, it is ideal to buy curling irons that have different levels of temperature control.
Now you know the key factors you need to take into consideration when buying your ideal hair curling iron. Look for a gadget that is well-suited for your long hair.
How to Use Curling Iron for Long Hair Correctly
The work of these devices should be at your fingertips. This will ensure that you don’t overheat some parts by placing the iron in these areas for too long and will also make sure that you don’t get horizontal lines.
Follow these steps:
- Divide your hair into various sections.
- Just 1 to 2 inches from the origin of every part, wrap your hair around the device and allow the clamp to clip your long hair in place. Use your finger to pump the clamp several times as you pull the gadget through your hair, toward the ends.
- One you are at the end of each part, give your long hair a little curl toward itself to curl its ends completely. Nobody wants straight ends.
- When every curl falls loosely, rest for a few minutes to cool it down before you proceed to the next part.
Curling irons should be used with other products. They include:
There are 4 things that you should look for when buying the best curling iron for long hair: barrel width, barrel shape, the material, and temperature control.
Barrel width determines whether it is the perfect size barrel for long hair curls you want to form (looser barrels create bigger curls, smaller barrels create tighter curls). Barrel shape determines whether your device will be easy to hold and thus easy to use. The material used determines whether your iron is a high-quality one and hence how long it will last. Temperature control determines how hot or cool your device will be when doing your hair and whether you have the options to vary the temperature.
But obviously, it is hard to know which gadget will meet all the above criteria without testing every product on the market. Luckily, we gave you the top five curling irons for long hair – begin your search from there and I believe you will get the best one.
The important thing to remember is that choosing a curling iron is a matter of personal preference. They may vary according to shape and size, but of important is to choose a product that matches your desired curls. Knowing which iron will produce the best curls for your long hair is the key before you buy one.