I hope you’ll agree with me when I say:
Some ladies have totally sworn off texturizing through flat iron due to the likelihood of heat damage.
But with increased accessibility to more advanced irons and in-depth information on growing healthier hair, curly ladies are starting to enjoy the benefits of these devices.
- Top 5 Flat Irons for Curly Hair Reviews
- 1. HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic – Best Flat Iron for Curly Thick Hair
- 2. Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic – Best Flat Iron for Curling
- 3. Remington S5500 Digital Anti Static – Best Straightener for Curly Hair
- 4. Xtava Goddess – Best Flat Iron for Frizzy Hair
- 5. MHD Professional Flat Iron – Negative Ionic Technology
- How to Choose The Best Flat Iron for Curly Hair
- How to Use the Best Flat Iron for Curly Hair Effectively
- The Bottom Line
However, before you get into the details of a flat iron for your hair, you need to find out your hair type. An individual with fine curly hair requires a different iron from a lady with chunky coarse hair. After you understand your hair type, the next thing is determining your hair density or thickness and how healthy it is.
These factors are critical when determining which flat iron for your curly hair to buy because they determine the width of the iron plates, plate types, and the temperature. Now getting the best iron for your hair will be much easier. Choose from different widths, different plate types, and different temperature settings or limits.
Top 5 Flat Irons for Curly Hair Reviews
To help you get the right flat iron for your curly hair, we have reviewed the best products on the market today.
1. HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic – Best Flat Iron for Curly Thick Hair
The HSI Professional Flat Iron is great for transforming straight, boring hair into gorgeously curly, sleek hair. Aside from the curling hair, the iron straightens and flips hair superbly due to its 1-inch plates that give maximum or total control for all types of hair.
With its 360-degree swivel cord and flash quick heating, the HSI Flat Iron offers great style without taking too much time or making a mess. Featuring new simpler grip with great design for a better hold, the product has different heat settings to provide you with maximum control for all your curly hair needs.
Its’ moist ceramic heat and solid ceramic coils and plates ensure that you maintain an even temperature when ironing your hair. HSI also comes with a universal voltage setting that ranges from 110v to 220v – this is great for using in different states that have different power guidelines.
In addition, there is a stipulation for heat resistance gloves for HSI’s better handling as well as usage. It also boasts of the Argan Oil leave in curly hair treatment that protects your hair and makes it beautiful and shiny.
- A versatile styling iron that aids to curl, flip or straighten your hair.
- Comes with the super ceramic tourmaline iron plates that are made to control frizz and offer shine to the boring hair.
- Provide excellent results
- Offer high heat temperatures – up to 400 degrees
- Suitable for use in different parts of the world due to its voltage ranging.
- There are products with even higher temperatures.
HSI Flat Iron is recommended for women who like to change their hairstyle frequently due to its versatility.
2. Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic – Best Flat Iron for Curling
The Infiniti Pro Flat Iron protects, nourishes, and revitalizes your hair as you straighten, curl and style. It delivers 89 percent straighter, high shine, less frizz, healthy-looking, and silky curly result. Its ceramic-coated plates offer maximum frizz reduction and conditioning while you do your hair.
It attains heat levels of about 455 degrees and takes about 15 seconds to fully heat up. With an automatic heat recovery setting, the iron will instantly recover its heat if power is lost of unplugged. Infiniti boasts of thirty different heat settings for different styles and has floating plates to flip, curl or straighten your hair.
The automatic-off feature keeps the iron safe if you accidently leave it on. It also includes the Argan oil fusion which provides a true conditioning and protects your hair from damage.
- Allow customized use due to its wide range of heat settings.
- 445-degree maximum heat output for reliable styling power.
- Tourmaline ceramic technology helps to reduce static and frizz for a shiny look.
- 15-second heat up time for an easy and quick operation.
- Boasts of an auto turn feature that shut the iron when it isn’t in use.
- Faster salon results due to its extra long plates.
- Provides anti-frizzy and anti-static.
- It doesn’t achieve 100 percent hair make up.
Infiniti Pro Flat Iron is suitable for women who don’t have enough time to do their hair due to its 15-seconds heat time.
3. Remington S5500 Digital Anti Static – Best Straightener for Curly Hair
Remington Digital Flat Iron works quite well then you can imagine! Although it is a cheap product, it heats up very fast and does your hair well. It wouldn’t make sense to spend a lot of money on other irons which are less efficient when compared to Remington S5500.
Its ceramic plates contain anti-static features and are very long – great for use in salons as they ensure that you make your hair fast. The plates are 100 percent ceramic. The iron is also great for women with short hair. It helps you to make your curly hair or even straighten it. Don’t flick if your hair is medium or long – the product work quite smoothly on it, as well.
Remington flat iron is very light and takes only five minutes to transform your hair. It doesn’t pull your hair which is often the case for other straighteners. When you switch it on, it gets really hot so be careful.
- Auto shut off ensures that the iron doesn’t get damaged in case you leave it on.
- Comes with long ceramic plates.
- Boasts of 410-degree digital high heat.
- Gives you a shiny hair.
- It heats up very fast.
- Produces both straight and curly hair.
- It might not last long due to its cheap price.
Remington Digital Flat Iron is recommended for women with short hair and those who like to travel due to its lightweight feature.
4. Xtava Goddess – Best Flat Iron for Frizzy Hair
Seeking curly hair with unearthly shine? The Xtava Goddess Flat Iron is one of the best iron for curly frizzy hair that will give you that celestial sheen. Its ceramic plates and supreme heat silken and smoothen hair for styles that glisten. Fast-heat technology ensures that you don’t waste your time when making your hair.
Within a few seconds, the iron goes from zero to maximum temperature. The ionic heat glides over locks with ease, getting into the hair for truly great results.
There are occasions that call for complication and others that call for simplicity. When you do your hair frequently, it is ideal to go for simplicity. With this iron, you get only that 60-second heat up, shine-improvement, and smooth dual-plate make resulting in the best curl every time.
The Goddess Flat Iron is great for all types of hair and gives an ultra-fast shiny result. It also boasts of an infrared heat technology as well as LCD display. Its temperature control ranges from 150 degrees to 450 degrees.
- Boasts of ceramic tourmaline plates as well as a great upper dual-plate design.
- Comes with an infrared heat technology and LCD display.
- Great for different hair textures.
- Rapid heat-up.
- Gives a fast ultra silky result.
- The product might not be great for complicated hairstyles.
The Goddess Flat Iron is suitable for ladies who like simplicity and like to do their hair regularly.
5. MHD Professional Flat Iron – Negative Ionic Technology
The MHD Professional 1-inch flat iron is among the best and most affordable irons for curly hair on the market today. It boasts of one-inch floating even plates that make straightening on different types and lengths of hair easier and fast while making the hair shiny and silky.
The iron has 3 adjustable setting for styling fine or damaged hair. It also comes with contoured edges that aid creates perfect waves and curls, with a great shine and salon look. The iron produces negative ions easily to seal your hair shafts for protected natural color and moisture. For additional safety, it features sleep mode that ensures that it automatically shut whenever it isn’t in use.
The iron’s titanium plates aid to smooth out even the roughest of hair. They also reduce frizz and work to the ends to produce the best results. The product has 3 adjustable settings and its temperature ranges from 248 to 446 degrees – ensuring alternatives for every lady depending on specific hair demands and styles. You will enjoy smoother control when using this iron, thanks to its ergonomic, lightweight, and slim design.
- 3 types of setting that make it’s a versatile iron.
- Boasts of titanium plates.
- Temperature ranges from 248 to 446 degree.
- Ergonomic design
- Its three types of settings are not the best in the industry.
MHD Professional Iron is great for business people who own a salon due to its fast results.
How to Choose The Best Flat Iron for Curly Hair
There are a few things that you should consider when picking a flat iron for curly hair. They include the following:
How to Use the Best Flat Iron for Curly Hair Effectively
It is critical to work in layers when working on your hair, begging with the base layer to the top one. To realize this, clip away the top half or the 3/4th of your hair if you have thin or fine hair.
It is up to you to decide how many layers you want to clip and how many you will work through. Remember that the aim is to run your flat iron over your hair only once. If your hair still feels like it needs another run-through, then, you only ironed parts that are too thick.
Once you have clipped your hair, you will be able to work on the base layer. Iron one-inch parts of your hair. Clamp the flat iron down as near as possible to the scalp. Slowly pull your iron down the length of your hair. Remember to read the directions to know what heat setting you will use and how long you should keep your iron on your hair.
Once you are done with the base layer, form another layer on top of it through pulling up your hair again. You should work the sections as you move up – from the bottom to top layer.
The Bottom Line
Natural hair needs to be styled with great tools. Whether your hair is thick, fine, wavy, or curly, there are styling irons that will deliver great results. The best flat iron for curly hair will not only beautify your hair but will also add volume. The top alternatives should include features that protect your hair from excessive heat, frizz, and damage. They also come in different price range to meet you set budget, too.
To ensure that shopping for your iron is efficient and effective, it is useful to learn what you should know before you buy one. When you have the right knowledge, you can make a great decision and your curly hair will always look amazing every time you use your iron.
So there we have it, our review for the top flat iron will help you get started with your search for the best iron for your need. Although there are thousands of these products on the market today, the above guide will help you pick only the best product.
Best Flat Iron for Natural Hair Reviews
Best Flat Iron for Fine Hair Reviews
Best Flat Iron for Thick Hair Reviews
Best Titanium Flat Iron Reviews
Best Ceramic Flat Iron Reviews
Best Hair Dryer for Curly Hair Reviews